So to get you caught up... I was pregnant.
Then Mitch Eugene Mitchell was born on February 6th. I was planning to celebrate my own recent birthday (turned 30 on Feb 3rd) with friends on the 6th but Mitch had his own birthday celebration planned. I woke up with some signs of labor just before 8am. In denial of actual labor I was reluctant to time the contractions. Jeff successfully convinced me to time the contractions around 10am, we called the midwife to report 3 min apart and lasting 30 seconds. By 12 noon I was telling Jeff I couldn't stand the labor at home and wanted to go to the birth center. He hurried to install the carseat base and we arrived at the birth center at 1pm . The midwife had just enough time to fill the tub for Mitch's water birth at 1:40pm. He weighed 7lbs even and was 21 inches long.

Over the last two months we've been adjusting to life with baby. Lack of sleep, dirty diapers, baby talk and all.




We love that little guy! I can't wait to see more of his life (lots of pictures and videos and slices of life) in your future posts.
ReplyDelete